Our practical law degrees are designed to help you become career-ready by giving you the skills you need to succeed in legal practice.
Recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board (BSB) as a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD), they are perfect if you want to move on to the Legal Practice Course (LPC) to be a solicitor, or undertake the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) if you aim to be a barrister. You may also want to use the knowledge and skills you have learned to open the doors to a variety of other rewarding careers.
With over 20 years' experience in delivering professional legal qualifications, we have proudly earned our place as one of the largest law schools in the UK.
On our LLB (Hons) programmes, you are taught through problem-based learning and encouraged to think like a lawyer from day one, applying the law to real-life scenarios that bring it to life.
During your induction, you will focus on our 10 Career-Ready skills and this will continue throughout your programme across each module, reinforced by Project Weeks wherein teams, you will focus on the specific skills needed to become a professional.
- Choose from our LLB (Hons) or LLB (Hons) [Distance-Learning] starting in September and January, full and part-time
- Our degrees are practice-focused, designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced legal professionals and academics
- All LLB (Hons) students will have 24/7 access to online recorded lectures, allowing you to recap and revise at any time
- Secure a place on our LPC or LLM Legal Practice (Solicitors) to become a solicitor, if you obtain a minimum 2.2 on our LLB (Hons) degree (subject to BPP University’s general eligibility and admission criteria).
- Progress onto our BPTC or LLM Legal Practice (Barristers) to become a barrister
- Take advantage of our strong links with the legal profession through our networking events, workshops and career mentoring
- You will be fully supported through your degree by a dedicated pastoral student manager
How to apply:
Applications for our full-time undergraduate programmes must be made through UCAS. Part-time applications are made directly to BPP University Law School:
- LLB (Hons), three-year programme UCAS code M100, or two years accelerated UCAS code M101
- LLB (Hons) [Distance Learning], three-year programme UCAS code 1M11, or two years accelerated UCAS code M111
The LLB (Hons) degree is awarded by BPP University.
All modules within our LLB (Hons) programmes are practice-focused, designed to help you become ‘career-ready’ and to enhance your employability in a legal context. You will cover the seven foundations of legal knowledge specified by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board (BSB), required to progress onto both the solicitor and barrister training courses.
At level 6 (third year) you can specialize in areas of law that you are interested in, by choosing four electives from those listed below as optional.
Clinical Legal Education
You will be able to select our new Clinical Legal Education module at level 6 (third year). The Clinical Legal Education module will give you the opportunity to put the knowledge and skills learned throughout your degree into practice, in real or simulated cases. You will attend classes to understand the fundamental principles of client care, client interviewing, legal research and legal writing and will then have the opportunity to advise real clients with real problems in a clinical, supervised environment. You will deal with up to three clients during the module in one of three pro bono clinics; housing and family law, human rights and immigration law and enterprise law.
Esta escola oferece programas em:
Última actualização January 18, 2018